Sunday, May 15, 2011

Getting closer to breaking 20 in the 5K!

My husband and I have made a tradition of running the Twin Tiers Komen 5K each year. This year we ran in celebration of my Aunt, who was diagnosed with Breast Cancer 6 months ago.  It was a nice day for a 5K, although the humidity was a bit much AND I won't even go into all of the complaints of the roads conditions.  I finished 3rd for overall female, 1st for my age group(30-39), with a time of 20:25 (unofficial, this I'm going off my Garmin). Steve came in shortly behind me at 23:15. I absolutely LOVE when he runs races with me, hopefully this will become more frequent!  

Still shy of breaking 20 minutes. My PR still holds from the Heart of Hearts 5K in February, with a time of 20:10. But, with a hairline stress fracture in my 4th metatarsal in the left foot, I'm very pleased with the results of today's race.  Time to heal up and work on speed, before heading back to Marathon training this summer....EEEeeeeeeK!


No comments:

Post a Comment