Sunday, October 2, 2011

It's been a while......but I forgot my password haha!

Phew, there is a lot of fill in between the gaps here. I've been training for the NYC Marathon since August. Committed to the training program, not so much. This will be my third marathon in 13 months...who needs a "schedule". Well, apparently this girl! Here I am, just finished the Wineglass Marathons First Annual Half Marathon, in the time of 1:34:37(according to my Garmin-unofficial), which also happens to be a PR and qualifies me for the NYC Marathon of 2012, and 3 weeks out of NY 2011........and have yet to complete a long run consisting of over 14 miles. Can we say FML?  Mentally, I'm not prepared, physically I'm not prepared and now at this point in the game, my body is falling apart. Definitely struggling with some sort of achielles issue but the bigger issue is the pain that goes from the right side of my knee, across the top of my knee and straight into my crotch. Lovely area to end at, huh?  I'm going to make my decision to defer by Wednesday but at this point, it's looking like an indefinite deferement. Oh well, there's always next year, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment