Friday, April 1, 2011

I like to ramble....

It's the seventeen day countdown!  I can tell my body is getting tired and is ready for a break.  An entire week of complete monotonous, hard, slaving runs-on the treadmill, which led to a running a couple doubles. I actually enjoy running doubles, due to the fact that it breaks up a long run. However, with two small children and an unpredictable life, the second run usually takes place around 8:30 p.m. =(  I like to refer to them as "fatigue training".


I couldn't handle anymore treadmill this week. My legs had just had enough.  So, this morning, the cold weather gear came out and my legs hit the streets.  As ridiculous as the snow/rain mixture was, it didn't seem all that bad. I finished a nice 8 mile run at a substantial 7:45 pace.  Time to simmer down on the weekly milage. Sunday's forecast appears to be fairly descent.  We are heading out for an 18 miler, followed by a 13 miler next weekend.  Then it's all about BOSTON!!!!  In the meantime, hoping to have some nice weather soon, so there will be more road running and less treadmill runs!


On another note. Passing motorist!  As a runner, I know NOT to run in the road with traffic-I'm always on a sidewalk or the shoulder, hugging the sidewalk.  By all means, I'm not trying to kill myself. But, for some unknown reason, I've encountered many "douche bags" that like to slam on their horn while approaching me and scare the living sh!t out of me!  I also specifically enjoy the meathead men in their big trucks that like to drive by and mash the gas, yell things out the window about my butt, or better yet, drive circles so they keep passing you-like you didn't see them the first five times. Come on people, go eat your donuts and let me do my thing, jeeeeez! Ugh, this town is sooo full of creepers!   I'm done venting... 


Hope everyone has a wonderful, safe Easter Break.  Good Luck to my girl, Megan Hugg on her marathon in Knoxville, TN on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment